Apologies for the long period between blogs. This lack of communication is a big no-no in the blog world. Allowing your media platform to decay is a cardinal sin. So I’m back!
Many reasons for the lack of blogging:
- I’m furiously proof reading Enormity in its entirety.
- I’m quietly marketing the book to friends through social media.
- I was house hunting for a new property.
- Now I’m moving house.
- I was temporarily homeless due to a mould infestation and have been living between three different homes.
The idea of “proof reading” is interesting, because in the world of eBooks it really is a never-ending process. Errors are not as permanent as the printed word. I can upload a newly polished copy of Enormity and in 12 hours (give or take) it has replaced the previous copy of the book on Amazon. An eBook is ever-evolving.
I have consciously broken the biggest rule in publishing and that is to not have another set of professional proof-reading eyes scan my work. I have done all the proofing and subbing, except for a string of basic errors found by my girlfriend Amanda when she was reading the final draft.
So even though I have released two thirds of the book so far, I know there will be some minor errors. It sounds horrifying to admit that. But the release is small – less than 100 people have downloaded the book so far – and there is time to keep polishing and refining until I’m finally done.
Having the book out there and receiving positive feedback has been hugely inspiring. It feels like I have stepped forward as an author. The refining process will be finalised by the time the “Complete Edition” of Enormity is released.
The next steps in the release of Enormity:
- Final sub/proof of Enormity (Part Three)
- Cover designed for Enormity (Complete Edition)
- An ISBN number
- Getting the book and an author profile on Goodreads.com
- Distribution through Smashwords.com
- Publicity mailout
- Pay for a mailout at Bookbub.com
- More Facebook advertising
I’ve also been doing some reading up on eBook marketing (on my Kindle). Check these books out if you’re interested in that subject. They’re free:
Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success by Mark Coker
Smashwords Book Marketing Guide by Mark Coker
Last but not least, here is the link to the epic Enormity (Part Two):